Free DISH Hopper DVR Upgrade:
As part of its new customer promotion offer, DISH is giving new customers a FREE upgrade to the DISH Hopper*
Offer requires 24 month agreement and
credit qualification with DISH Americas Top 120 package or higher
About two years ago, DISH Network changed the way Americans watch TV when it introduced the DISH Hopper to the public. Only with The Hopper DVR could you record up to six shows at once**, skip commercials*** and bring your live TV channels and DVR recordings anywhere you were with DISH Anywhere. In 2014, DISH is prepared to turn the TV industry on its head again with the new features added to the Hopper DVR's Super Joey, Wireless Joey and Virtual Joey.
The standard Joey that most DISH customers have today is set up with all of the secondary TV's in your house and connects with the Hopper DVR, which should be connected to your main television. This allows DISH customers to have the functionality of the DISH Hopper no matter what room of the house they're in. DISH is even giving the DISH Hopper away as a free upgrade to new customers*, proving once again you can get the most technologically advanced television experience while still saving money over cable.
The Super Joey, Wireless Joey and Virtual Joey
The Super Joey, Wireless Joey and Virtual Joey all have very different functions, and the one you choose should depend on your TV watching habits.
- The Super Joey - The Super Joey is perfect for a large family, as it allows you to record as many as eight shows at one time*. Say goodbye to daily arguments over which shows to record, or how to watch live TV when there's already two shows recording.
- The Wireless Joey - Would you like to set up a television in your garage? What about the backyard? With the Wireless Joey, the possibilities are endless because there's no extra wiring required. No matter the space, if there's an outlet to plug your TV and Wireless Joey into, that's all the space and wiring you'll need to enjoy DISH television service.
- The Virtual Joey - The Wireless Joey removes all of the excess cables, but the Virtual Joey takes this a step further and removes the actual hardware. As long as you have the DISH Hopper DVR connected to one TV, you can download the Hopper-Joey app on select Smart TV's and receive all of the functionality of a Hopper-Joey without any of the hardware in the room.
Limits apply to number and configuration of receiver models. Some models may be available mid-2014. Wireless Joey requires power cord and HDMI cable to TV.
DISH Hopper DVR Features
Does your DVR record up-to-six shows at once*? Can you completely skip commercials while watching TV**? Can you watch live TV and DVR recordings on your mobile device AND upload all of your DVR recordings to your free iPad Mini***? If you're not a DISH Network customer, your answer was most likely an emphatic no. Meanwhile, DISH customers enjoy all of these astonishing features with a free upgade to the DISH Hopper****.
If you'd like more information on the best DVR on the market, we strive to answer all of your questions in the DISH Hopper FAQ section below. To speak with a live DISH Hopper expert, please call us today at 1-877-895-DISH, or fill out the form above, and we'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Seven Reasons the DISH Hopper is the Best DVR
The Hopper DVR has far too many features to list on just one page, but we've picked seven that customers have told us they enjoy the most:
- You can start watching TV in one room and finish your episode in another
- DISH Anywhere lets you watch live TV and Hopper DVR recordings on your computer, phone or tablet
- Watch 4 HD programs on 4 different TV's
- Skip commercials with PrimeTime Anytime***, and record up to SIX live HD shows at once**
- Always find your remote with the Hopper Remote Control Locator. Press a button on the Hopper DVR, and it will connect with your remote, creating a beeping sound leading you to the controller.
- Never deal with volume fluctuations again with the SRA TrueVolume. This will make sure your show stays at a steady volume, and you won't need to adjust the level due to a loud commercial or quiet dialogue.
- Turn your TV in to a smart TV with apps such as Pandora, Facebook, Twitter and much more. DISH recently opened the Hopper API to more develops, which will add even more apps and functionality.
DISH Hopper DVR5 / 5 stars
January 07, 2014
"The DISH Hopper has changed the way my family watches TV. The best part is, there's no more fights over which shows to record. Thank you DISH!"- Mary D. / Albany, NY
DISH Vs. DirecTV
We have a page dedicated to a comprehensive comparison of DISH and its competition, while this section will specifically compare the DISH Hopper to the DirecTV Genie. As you can see in the graphic below, the Hopper has more hard drive space, more on demand options and exclusively offers Primetime Anytime and the ability to skip commercials.**
The DISH Hopper App Coming To LG Smart TV's
Recently, DISH introduced the next iteration of the Hopper system, which will allow customers to download an app to their LG Smart TV's which will combine the DVR and TV in to one device. The Hopper app will revolutionize the way you watch TV, by syncing your TV with your Hopper, giving you all of the functionality of the DVR without the hardware connected to the TV.
DISH has already announced the new Smart TV App, and plans to release it to the public in early 2014.
DISH President and CEO, Joseph P. Clayton, said in a press release that "Television placement is so often dictated by where the set-top box can be and where the wires are - This new application literally unleashes the TV. Together, we are giving our customers more choice and control over their entire television experience."
DISH Hopper FAQ
With Primetime enabled, you can record up to six shows at once with The DISH Hopper.
With the traditional Hopper setup, you can watch up to four HDTV's at one time.
Most customers will receive the DISH Hopper with sling technology as a free upgrade*** when they sign up with DISH. Installation in up to six rooms, as with all DISH products, is always free.
For customers interested in watching live TV, or DVR recordings on their phone or tablet, they can download the DISH Anywhere Mobile App. If you'd like to watch your live TV or DVR recordings on a computer, you can do so at ww.dishanywhere.com. All that is needed to watch live TV or DVR recordings is a strong Internet connection.
Yes, you can sync your Apply iPad to your DISH Hopper and download all of your recordings using the Hopper Transfer Mobile App. Once a recording is downloaded onto your tablet, you can watch the show without being connected to the Internet. Unfortanetely, at this time, The Hopper Transfer App is only compatible with the Apple iPad.
Primetime Anytime allows users to automatically record all shows airing on network television (ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX) during primetime hours* (8-11 PM) without using any of the DISH Hopper's hard drive space. With Primetime Anytime, you can record all four network shows at once while still recording two additional shows of your choice, OR recording one other show and watching live TV.*
With the DISH Hopper, you can skip commercials using the AutoHop feature on Primetime Anytime recordings.*** Within 24 hours of Primetime Anytime recording, AutoHop will remove all commercial breaks, making DISH Network the only true way to skip commercials.***
Are you interested in ordering the best DVR on the market? New DISH customers can call 1-877-895-DISH and ask about their free upgrade to the DISH Hopper.*
*With qualifying package, monthly DVR service fees
**With Primetime Anytime, feature must be enabled
*** AutoHop feature is only available with playback the next day with select prime time shows on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, as part of PrimeTime Anytime. Both features are subject to availability
DISH AND BLOCKBUSTER
ARE NOW FAMILY.
Thousands of Streaming Shows and Movies!
With Blockbuster @Home you've got the best of Hollywood plugged right in to your TV! Enjoy thousands of steaming shows and movie!